Frank Banko Southern Lehigh Community Pool Operational Guidelines
As of Friday, June 26th, the“Green Phase”
As we are sure you understand, the pool must operate under a different set of guidelines than in past years. The following guidelines have been made after careful planning and consideration of the health and safety for our members, guests,and employees.
Pool Hours:12:00 noon to 8:00 pm. Monday through Sunday. Days and times subject to change.
Lounge chairs will not be provided as there are too many touch points to sanitize between use. Please bring your own pool chairs if so desired. Park benches and picnic tables will be provided as usual and will be cleaned routinely.
Diving board and sliding board will be open with6 ft. markings on the ground to wait in line. The recreational areas(i.e. ping pong, basketball) cannot be used during Green phase. Pool toys are now permitted.No inflatables.
Pool entrance and exit: A plexiglass divider was installed at the front desk. Please wear a mask when entering or exiting the pool facility.
Payment at entrance:We would prefer that credit cards or Venmo are used as a touch-less forms of payment. However, we will accept cash.
Concession stand will be open as usual. We would prefer that Venmo is used as a touch-less form of payment. However, we will accept cash.Please wear a mask when visiting the snack stand.
Locker rooms will be OPEN for restroom use only. Showers and changing areas are CLOSED. Please arrive and leave in your bathing suit with appropriate cover-up.Please wear a mask when utilizing the restrooms.
Pool capacity:Our pool and facilities are rated for a maximum capacity of 588. Only during large swim meets have we even come close to that capacity. During the green phase, we will monitor the volume coming and going to maintain our capacity atapproximately30%. On an average summer day, less than 100are typically in the facility at a given time. Therefore, we will NOT be implementing a reservation system.
Day passes:As per our standard policy, guests that purchase day passes will need to sign in with their name and address. If we observe an increase in the number of guests from outside the immediate community, we may need to limit the purchase of day passes in some capacity.
For preventing the spread of COVID-19, please follow these guidelines:
- Masks are NOT to be worn when in the pool. Based on the new state order, please wear a mask when interacting with others and when social distancing is difficult.In addition,please wear a mask when entering/existing the pool, using the restroom,or visiting the concession stand.
- Wash or sanitize your hands often. Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Stay home when you have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Sanitizing: Additional soap, hand sanitizer, and paper towels are available. We will be cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces on a rigorous and consistent schedule.
- Closing during storm:We will always err on the side of caution when deciding to close the pool. In the interest of social distancing, we do not have the capacity to gather people under shelter to wait out a storm. If you choose to wait out a storm, you must exit the facility and wait in your vehicle.
- Social distancing:You are responsible for your own social distancing both in and out of the pool. Per the CDC and Red Cross guidelines, lifeguards will NOT police these policies. The lifeguards are at the pool to enforce pool/water safety and will not tell patrons to stay apart. As a reminder, children under 13 years must be supervised by an adult in the pool facilities.